Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Home / Water Filters / Mercury The Persistence

Mercury The Persistence This Heavy Metal Has In The Water Supply And Its Effect On Health

Mercury is well known to many people.

It is that silver colored substance, which is usually seen in liquid form. It has been used in household things, like thermometers, for a great many years.

It is incredibly toxic, and comes in many forms including compounds such as methylmercury.

As with lead, there as basically zero safe level, other than the total absence of mercury, in whatever you are drinking or consuming. And as with various other chemicals, it is bioaccumulative.

So even tiny amounts, build up in your body over time.

Leading to various issues.

The National Library of Medicine cites various health issues that arise from mercury ingestion, this includes its various compounds such as methylmercury.

In the short-term exposure to mercury can cause unpleasant health issues such as lung irritation and damage, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, plus increased blood pressure. It can also result in loss of coordination, numbness and loss of sensation. As well as skin rashes and eye irritation. And that is just short-term.

Long-term exposure to mercury can lead to issues including brain and kidney damage. Damage to developing fetuses. Incidents of tremors, and increased feeling of numbness. There can also be reductions in vision and hearing abilities, plus memory problems. Along with muscle weakness.

Also highly noteworthy is that for children exposed to mercury during pregnancy. Problems with motor and cognitive difficulties, and other sensory issues can arise.

Mercury can be massively damaging to your health.

Mercury in tiny amounts

That said the safe level for mercury, set on federal level, is 0.002 micrograms per liter. And with mercury being a chemical which is known to bioaccumulate, there is realistically zero safe level for it.

The safest thing for the health of you and your loved ones, is to filter it out to the highest degree possible.

Removing as much of it as possible from your piped water supply with a whole house water filter like the AquaOx, before the water gets anywhere near your faucets.

Protect yourself from mercury problems by filtering it out. Completely.

Save & Share Cart
Your Shopping Cart will be saved and you'll be given a link. You, or anyone with the link, can use it to retrieve your Cart at any time.
Back Save & Share Cart
Your Shopping Cart will be saved with Product pictures and information, and Cart Totals. Then send it to yourself, or a friend, with a link to retrieve it at any time.
Your cart email sent successfully :)

Scroll to Top
Memorial Day Sale
We are proud to be a veteran founded business. We celebrate those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.
Save $850
Coupon Code >>> MEMORIALDAY24
*Coupon Valid On Qualified purchases of the AquaOx Whole House and AquaOx Whole House XL